I’m writing to extend my immense gratitude for your support of Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama over these last 10 years!
Today, we invite you to continue supporting us for 10 more years, helping to make outstanding performances and high caliber educational programs!
You know that I don’t do anything half-way – so it shouldn’t surprise you that Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama (ALDD) is going to explode onto the New York dance scene in the next couple years! In the last 10 years, ALDD presented 300 Performances, 12 Choreographic works in 80 venues in USA and Argentina and taught in more than 40 institutions, colleges, universities, professional dance schools and festivals.
Since 2010, ALDD offered 22 DanceDrama workshops in New York. DanceDrama Labs Workshop Series are an exclusive, personalized, tailored program for future dancers, choreographers and teachers of all dance disciplines and techniques, that want to develop their potential with an emphasis on both dance and theater performance skills. Sustain and support dancers in the delicate task of cultivating their awareness of themselves as individual artists. Our focus for this series of workshops: Technique and Repertory, Choreography and Improvisation, Voice, Acting and Methodology of Teaching Dance. Teachers: Anabella Lenzu, Daniel Pettrow, Anna Hayman and Lauren Ohmer.
What Happened in 2016?
- ALDD did an amazing Argentinean tour presenting Unveiling Motion and Emotion and premiering In Pursuit of Happiness with Lauren Ohmer in Buenos Aires and Bahia Blanca. Hosted the 6 DanceDrama Laboratory Workshop Series; Re-staged the full-length show Pachamama: Mother World with a new cast of 5 beautiful dancers: Lauren Ohmer, Sydney Ruf-Wong, Graham Cole, Hope Parker and Dina Denis.
My personal achievements this year:
- Stated my MFA in Choreography and Visual Arts at Wilson College (PA), I was artist in residency at DUO Multicultural Art Center (DMAC).
- I present my book “ Unveiling “ at Figment Festival in Governsnor Island and wrote articles and reviews for Attitude: The Dancers Magazine.
- I acted as Speaker at the Panel “Teaching: Options and Choices” at the NYU Tisch MFA Dance Incubator (NY) and was a guest Teacher for Gallating (NYU).
- I was part of Selection Panel for Emerging Choreographer Series at LaGuardia Performing Art Center (NY), guest judge for xyz nyc at The Tank and and Advisory Board Member of IDACO 2016 (Italian Dance Connections Festival-NY).
The mission of Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama is to introduce people to dance theater and develop a cultural, educational and artistic exchange between New York and communities in Argentina, Chile, and Italy. Teaching and performing worldwide emboldens, promotes and enriches people, communities and
As an independent choreographer with a dynamic company, it is a challenging and expensive venture to create work and perform in New York City, and even more difficult to do so abroad, with travel expenses.
In order to pursue a high quality experience for artists and audience alike, we have set a modest fundraising goal of $15,000. We invite you to participate in this goal and to share in the satisfaction of realizing a significant and meaningful process of exploration and discovery. Your tax deductible contributions will help cover the cost of artist and collaborator fees, rehearsals space, costumes, videos, marketing & publicity.
If your company has a Matching Gift program, your donation can go twice as far!
Thank you for your support. You are a vital part of our future. Without your support: artists, family, friends, audience… we would not exist. Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama is made possible ONLY with your help!
All donors will be acknowledged on our website and in our newsletters.
Please make checks payable to The Field.In the Memo line, write Anabella Lenzu.Please mail all checks toAnabella Lenzu /DanceDrama, 233 Devoe St, 1B, Brooklyn, NY 11211
The Field is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt, 501 (c) (3) organization serving the New York City performing arts community. Contributions to artists through The Field are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. For more information about The Field contact: The Field, New York, NY 10013, (212) 691-6969, fax: (212) 255-2053, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of The Field’s latest annual report may be obtained, upon request, from The Field or from the Office of the Attorney General, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.