Year of Celebration!
March 16, 2016 by Anabella Lenzu
I am so happy invite you to the beginning of our celebratory year commemorating the 10th Anniversary of Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama!
For the occasion, I am recreating a seminal work, Pachamama: Mother World and showing some excerpts from last year’s In Pursuit of Happiness.
Five shows coming up in April and May!
Save these dates and join us!
A hug, Anabella
In Pursuit of Happiness
In Pursuit is a dance-theater piece that explores the themes of death, memory, disappearance, and hope through a collage of juxtapositions.
“I want the happiness that comes from both remembering and from fighting against remembering. A happiness that includes the sadness, pain and injury of experience but also goes forward. Not memory that works like an anchor, but like a catapult. Not a memory that you just arrive at, but one that’s a launch pad.” Eduardo Galeano
In Pursuit of Happiness is an ongoing daily memory trip to remember and honor Mrs. Lenzu’s father, Antonio, who served as her guide and scaffolding.
Choreography: Anabella Lenzu
Direction: Daniel Pettrow
Dancers: Lauren Ohmer & Anabella Lenzu
Music Landscape: Todd Carroll
Photo Projections: Anabella Lenzu
- Thursday, March 24 at 7pm at The Tank (151 W 46th St, 8th fl.). Anabella will be the guest judge for xyz nyc and gives feedback to each of the choreographers selected for this festival.We will also present a 15 minute excerpt from In Pursuit of Happiness. Tickets $10
- Sunday, April 10 at noon at Dixon Place (161A Chrystie Street, NY 10002): Celebration of the 30th Anniversary of The Field. We will present a 15 minute excerpt from In Pursuit of Happiness. Tickets $15
Pachamama: Mother World
Pachamama: Mother World is an exploration of Dance Theatre inspired by the male initiation rituals of the Selk’nam, a tribe of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina. The performance unfolds like a prehistoric
commedia dell arte, moving away from the presentational side of dance and reconnecting with the primal impulses of art.
Choreographer: Anabella Lenzu
Music Landscape: Todd Carroll
Acting and Voice Coach: Daniel Pettrow
Costume and Mask Designer: Jennifer Johanos
Dancers: Lauren Ohmer, Erik Zarcone, Graham Cole, Kara Chan and Sydney Ruf-Wong
Rehearsal Assistant: Hope Parker
Apprentices: Hope Parker, Dina Denis & Cesar Bordermann
- Monday, April 18 at 7:30pm at DMAC (62 E 4th St, New York, NY 10003): Open rehearsal of Pachamama: Mother World. Limited seating. Free Admission. RSVP: email@example.com
- Tuesday, May 17 at 7:30pm at Dixon Place (161A Chrystie Street, NY 10002) as part of the Festival Fast Forward: We will present a full length performance of Pachamama: Mother World. Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 at the door
- Saturday, May 28 at 7:30pm: IDACO Festival at Sheen Theater (18 Bleecker St, New York, NY 10012): We will present a full length performance of Pachamama: Mother World. General Admission: $25/ Students $15