You know the passion and intensity that drives the DanceDrama dance theater. There is nothing like it. Be part of our team this year with a direct contribution – it sustains us and provides for more exciting work.
I am full of anticipation for the company’s next year, and I look forward to your continued support.
2013 What an amazing year full of love, generosity an accomplishments! Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama has…
* Published Unveiling Motion and Emotion! Successful book launch at the Argentine Consulate
* Premiered Pachamama: Mother World at Center for Performance Research.
* New bilingual website Spanish/English
* 8 book readings/ presentations including Argentinean Consulate, Instituto Cervantes and DNA among others.
* 20 Shows in 15 Venues, including movement Research at Judson Church, Dance Parade, Italian festival, among others
* 200 Books sold
* Interviews in TV and magazines, including NBC, Telemundo, Dance Information, Dance Magazine among others
* Two Artist-In-Residence appointments at DMAC and Envoy Enterprises
* Became an active member of key dance and arts organizations, such as New York Live Arts (NYLA – formerly Dance Theater Workshop), and National Association of Latino Arts and Culture (NALAC) and The Dance Critics Association.
* Taught over 800 classes and workshops (Anabella is on Faculty at Lehman College, Wagner College & Peridance Center and Lecturer at Sarah Lawrence College.)
* Organized an 4th Annual AL/DD Summer Intensive for the study of technique and repertory.
* Anabella participated in: The Dance/NYC symposium, a Native American dance workshop, two dance writing critique workshops with Claudia la Rocco from NY times and Eva Yaa Asantewa at NYLA. She was panelist and moderator for a
tank. She wrote 5 articles for Attitude: The Dancer’s Magazine.
* Unveiling Motion and Emotion exhibition: Todd Carroll exhibited photographs of the book at DNA & Peridance Center.
* Collaborations: acting coaches Daniel Petrow, Danyon Davis, James Scrugs and Jennifer Johanos as costume designer.
* 5 fabulous interns: Veronica, Misaki, Grace, Lisa and Emily and 2 amazing office administrators: Kate and Kaitlin.
* Received 3 grants from Edward Arts Fund, The Puffin Foundation and Brooklyn Arts Council
2014 is already shaping up to be an amazing year! Here are some special projects
* Re-staging the full-length show The Grass is Always Greener…
* More book presentations including Casita Maria and Bronx Museum
* New Tango classes in Williamsburg, Brooklyn -open to everyone!
* A year long Dance Theater Laboratory
* Holding 5th Annual AL/DD Summer Intensive Workshop, June 2014, at Peridance Capezio Center.
* Awarded a Residency at the Cave
* Work has begun on the 2nd book about the technique of dance
Creating and performing new choreographic works is both challenging and expensive, but we believe it is a worthy pursuit.
Your steadfast support demonstrates your belief in the importance of creativity and art, and ensures Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama’s continued existence. Your funding has a direct role in promoting appreciation for the roles of dance, music, and the visual arts in advancing social change.
Striving to meet to the high standards we have set for ourselves, we have set a modest fundraising goal of $15,000.
Your tax-deductible contributions will go towards fees for artists and collaborators, rehearsal space, costumes, videos, marketing & publicity. If your company has a Matching gift program, your donation can go twice as far!
The future of our company lies with you:
$2,500 will cover rehearsal expenses for an entire show
$1,000 pays for a light designer for one show
$500 pays for full week of studio rental
$250 pays for performance fee for collaborator
$100 pays for costume for one dancer
$50 “Unveiling Motion & Emotion” printing & design cost for one book.
$20 pays for one hour of rehearsal
Donations are tax-deductible through our fiscal sponsor, The Field, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. ** If you are unable to contribute financially, we also appreciate donated goods, services and volunteers. All donors are acknowledged on our website and in our newsletters.
Please make checks payable to The Field. In the Memo line, write Anabella Lenzu. Please mail all checks to
Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama, 233 Devoe Street, 1B, Brooklyn, NY 11211
Thank you again for your continued support. You are a vital part of our future. Sincerely, Anabella